Basic Health Care
Basic Health Care is a temporary health coverage program for low-income, uninsured United States citizens or permanent legal residents of Contra Costa County. Medical care covered by this program is provided at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center or one at our Health Centers located throughout the county.
- Basic Health Care Brochure
- Basic Health Care Program Regulations
- BHC Program Highlights | Spanish
- Basic Health Care Covered CA Notice
Who Is Eligible
- Permanent legal residents of Contra Costa who:
- have incomes no greater than 300% of the federal income guidelines
- have assets and real property with values within guidelines of the program
- are not eligible for Medi-Cal or any other health insurance
- are not members of HMO or PPO health insurance plans
* Please note: children under 19 years of age who are eligible for restricted Medi-Cal must apply for the restricted benefit.
- Citizenship or permanent legal residency is required for adults. Children under the age of 19 may apply regardless of their immigration status.
See our page for individuals who are not eligible for the Basic Health Care Program.
- $0–$225 every three months for adults
- $0–$15 every three months for children 18 years old and younger
How to Apply
Call Toll Free 1-800-771-4270 in Contra Costa County.